The Glute Pulse is a wonderful exercise for strengthening the gluteal (buttock) muscles. The glutes are key muscles in most lower limb activities and play a crucial role in stabilising the hip.
How to Perform the Glute Pulse Exercise
- Lying on your stomach, relaxing your neck and shoulders
- Bend one knee to 90 degrees
- Slowly lift your knee off the floor, pulsing your foot towards the roof
- Lower your knee back to the starting position
- Alternate sides and repeat
- Avoid arching your back to lift your knee. The movement should be small and controlled.