The following exercise is to be completed on a slippery surface. Tiles or floorboards in combination with socks are recommended. Ensure that you utilise a mat underneath the back for comfort and support.
- Lying on your back with the knees bent and the feet flat on the ground.
- Lift the hips up to the roof and slowly extend the knees out.
- As the legs straighten drop the bottom to the floor bend the knees and return to the starting position.
- Repeat as per your Physiotherapists recommended dosage.
- Avoid bouncing the buttocks onto the floor at the end range.
- Maintain control of the hips throughout the movement.