The plantar fascia courses along the base of the foot and is responsible for shock absorption, support and protection. In some cases, this structure can weaken and increase strain on the fascia subsequently increasing pain. This strengthening exercises increases the demand on the fascia.
- Extend the toes over a rolled up towel or against the wall
- Ensure that the ball of the big toe maintains contact with the floor
- Lift the heels off the ground
- Maintain strong contact with the ground
- Ensure that the outer ankle bones don’t fall to the outside
- Utilise the wall/bench for balance