The following post demonstrates isometric strengthening of one of the calf muscles, the Gastrocnemius.
- Sitting on your bottom extend the legs out against a wall or step
- With the target limb, press the forefoot into the step without letting the ankle joint move
- Keep the knee pressing into the ground to maintain a straight leg
- Relax the pressure from the forefoot and repeat as per Physiotherapist guidelines
- Ensure you’re sitting upright on the sit bones and not collapsing through the chest