Resisted wrist flexor exercises is an excellent way to increase elbow strength. It is used for injuries such as medial epicondylitis known as “golfer’s elbow” where pain is typically on the inside of the elbow, or while you grasp any objects.
- Sit comfortably by a table or bench
- Place your forearm on a table with the elbow extended
- Your arm should be at elbow level, palm facing the ceiling
- Flex the wrist back towards you
- With the opposite hand press the hand towards the table while resisting
- Raise the front of the hand again without resistance, and repeat
- Further directions may be progressed by your Physiotherapist
Exercise with mild pain. Stop if pain becomes disabling.