To strengthen the quadriceps this exercise may be used for rehabilitating patellofemoral injuries and rehabilitation pre and post operatively.
- Sitting upright with the legs out long or lying flat on your back
- Draw the toes back towards the head and engage the quadriceps by pressing the knee into the ground
- Turn the toes slightly outwards
- Lift and lower the leg
- Repeat as per Physiotherapist guidelines
- Ensure that the upper body remains relaxed
- Avoid slamming the heel of the target leg down in between repetitions