This exercise is great for lengthening the anterior muscles of the hip by encouraging engagement through the eccentric phase of the movement.
- Come to a kneeling position with a mat or towel underneath the knees for cushioning.
- Cross the hands over the chest and tuck the pelvis under.
- Slowly lower the trunk in a straight line from head to pelvis towards the floor.
- When you are unable to continue lower the hips onto the heels and rise.
- Repeat 3-5x
- Ensure that the hips stay tucked and remain in neutral position
- Do not arch through the lumbar spine
- Avoid straining through the front of the neck