This is the first key exercise in the Copenhagen Adductor Exercise protocol. Depending on whether this exercise is being utilised in a preventative manner or in a rehabilitation setting, the degree of difficulty and progressions may vary.
- Position yourself in side lying with the target side in contact with the ground.
- Prop yourself onto your elbow so the shoulder is stacked directly above.
- Use the opposing arm for balance on the ground or place the hand on the hip.
- Bend the top leg so the foot is firmly planted in front of the bottom leg.
- With a straight knee and toes flexed, lift and lower the bottom leg towards the roof.
- Maintain a stacked pelvis and avoid rolling out.