Resisted extensor exercise is an excellent exercise to increase lateral elbow strength. It is used for injuries such as tennis elbow where pain is typically on the outside of the elbow, or while you grasp any objects.
- Sit comfortably by a table or bench
- Place your forearm on a table with the elbow extended
- Your arm should be at elbow level, palm facing the table
- Extend the wrist back towards you
- With the opposite hand press the hand towards the table while resisting
- Raise the back of the hand again without resistance, and repeat
- Further directions may be progressed by your Physiotherapist
Exercise with mild pain. Stop if pain becomes disabling.