This exercise is typically utilised during shoulder rehabilitation whereby full extension of the shoulder on a bench may not be appropriate. The use of a ball or end of a dumbbell enhances the recruitment of the rotator cuff.
- Position yourself on your back with the knees bent
- With the prescribed weight in hand, bend the elbow so the wrist is stacked above the elbow
- Move the arm away from the body between 45-90 degrees
- Press the weight overhead and slowly return to the start position
- Repeat as per Physiotherapists guidelines