This exercise works to strengthen the muscles that bring the shoulder blades together. It is an excellent postural strengthening exercise that can be progressed in levels depending on pain and strength.
- Secure the resistance band to the door knob, pole or utilise a cable machine.
- Keep the resistance point in line with the belly button.
- With a proud chest and thumbs pointing towards the roof, pull the band. back maintaining the bend in the elbow.
- As you pull back, focus on squeezing the shoulder blades together.
- Control the return.
- Maintain proud chest as the band returns to the starting position.
- Ensure that the shoulders do not roll forward.