The Tibailis Posterior muscle controls plantarflexion and inversion of the foot whilst also supporting the arch on the inside aspect. The following video demonstrates an exercise designed to target both of these movements.
- Come into standing with the target limb furthest from the wall
- Lean the shoulder against the wall so you are forming a diagonal to the ground
- Lift the leg closest to the wall
- Slightly turn the pinky toe in towards the ankle of the working leg
- Lift the heel with a pause at the top and lower with control
- Repeat as per Physiotherapist guidelines