Resisted ulnar deviation is an excellent exercise to strengthen your wrist after injury. It may help alleviate symptoms such as swelling, stiffness and pain brought on by injuries or inflammatory conditions.
- Sit comfortably by a table or bench
- Place your forearm on the table with your hand over the edge in neutral position
- While holding a weight, start with your thumb pointing upwards
- Gently lower your hand towards the floor, slowly raise your hand back to the starting position
- Further directions may be progressed by your Physiotherapist
Exercise with mild pain. Stop if pain becomes disabling