Wall squat is an excellent exercise to increase quadriceps strength and build muscular endurance. It can also strengthen the muscles around your knee joint. Having your back on the wall gives more stability if needed.
- Stand with your back against the wall and step forward with both feet so the legs form a diagonal line from the hip to the floor
- Place your arms on your waist or on the side
- Slowly slide your back down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground
- Make sure your knees do not extend past your ankles
- Hold this position at the depth and time prescribed
- Further directions may be progressed by your Physiotherapist
This exercises places most of the weight on the knees and should be done with very little discomfort.